Monday, March 5, 2012

Military Monday - Jean Evangeliste Gagne


Jean (anglicized to John) was my great grandfather (father to my grandmother Diane Gagne who I've talked about in previous posts).

I have lots more to say about Jean which I'll do so in future posts, but wanted to share this photo seeing today is Military Monday. According to the back of the photo, Jean was "corporal acting sergeant in the Quebec Militia", which is all I know about this photo. Jean was born in 1848 in St Joseph, Beauce, Quebec and had immigrated to Lewiston, Maine by 1873, so I assume this was taken within that time frame. If anyone knows how to access records regarding the Quebec Militia, I'd love to know more!

1 comment:

  1. My brother recommended I may like this website. He was entirely right. This put up actually made my day. You cann't consider just how so much time I had spent for this information! Thank you! confederate service files

    ReplyDelete